Saturday, June 11, 2011

shhhhhhh

today was a long day- that started too early for my liking and when we finally made it home around 2:30- my back was killing me and i needed to lay down. i sent all the kids to their rooms for my mandated hour of quiet time and laid down myself. i did not intend to fall asleep but the sleep gods had other plans. apparently i fell asleep and the boys decided that the hour of quiet time was a waste of time.

this is where you would worry they got into trouble or were loud or something along those lines. instead, my sweet, wonderful wyatt ushered the other two downstairs to watch some quiet cartoons and as he said," shhh, lets let mom sleep, she must be tired."
when i woke up some time later i realized what had occurred and i was super grateful for my oldest kid and his sweet heart. my tired body then rewarded him with a trip to the pool.

No comments: