Monday, March 14, 2011

golden boy

at one random hansen family gathering we nicknamed all my bros with a nickname that ends with boy. pony boy, big boy, golden boy and baby boy.. these are all quite fitting for my bros and today is the golden boys birthday.

Quinn is 3 years older than me and we have a special relationship. growing up i admired him so much, he has always seemed to have it all together. he is the kind of person who knew what he wanted and went for it. i hated following behind him in school because he was such a great student and i was just okay. i remember my freshman spanish teacher was super excited to know that quinn was my brother until she realized that i was pretty opposite my brother. spanish seemed to come easy to quinn and it was a struggle for me (lets be honest it was horrible) as i have gotten older i have realized just how hard quinn worked for all the things he has.. he studied and studied and made good choices that have allowed him to have a pretty great life. he married an awesome girl and has a pretty adorable daughter. he is still hard to follow sometimes because he makes homemade bread every day and is tolerant to so much little girl drama, i envy his patience... but i am so glad he is my brother, even if he is the golden child..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINN

1 comment:

Wendy said...

hola amiga!! there's some spanish for you!