Monday, January 23, 2012

terror

night terrors have been a weekly occurrence in our house for about 3 months now. they are so difficult to watch and so hard not be able to comfort a child when they are screaming. olivia has them anywhere from 2-4 nights a week. they last about 5-15 minutes depending on the day and they are so painful to my heart. she cries, screams, thrashes and just looks like something awful is happening. i can't touch her, talk to her, or hold her. if i leave the room it gets worse but being in the room is hard. i am anxious for her well check appointment to talk about this with the good dr. hopefully he will have some insight. here's hoping that she grows out of it soon..

1 comment:

Paige said...

I hope you can find some answers soon. When I was younger I watched a boy who had them. He just managed to outgrow them over time. I hope that Olivia does sooner than later too!